Develop programs for CNC equipment using MasterCAM software, design robust fixtures using SolidWorks to ensure part holding and accuracy/repeatability, select proper tooling for equipment, and assist in workplace safety.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Program CNC machines and edit programs to eliminate errors and omissions.
- Adjust machine cutting paths and settings to optimize production while maintaining quality.
- Develop fixtures to hold parts in the manufacturing process to ensure accuracy, repeatability, ease of use, interchangeability, and conformity during the manufacturing process.
- Select and implement tooling for production needs while providing tooling data to personnel, update tool lists, relay speed and feed information, and maintain current tooling needs.
- Monitor equipment and machine operation to detect problems.
- Review shop orders to determine job specifications and requirements.
- Develop processes for manufacturing parts to minimize machine setup and analyze routings for most the most efficient production.
- Assist in the monitoring and implementation of workplace safety policies and procedures in accordance with OSHA standards.
- Proficient computer skills including the use of MasterCAM, SolidWorks, DraftSight, Teams, SharePoint, M2M (or a similar ERP system), and Microsoft Office.
- Understand and apply the use of G-code, M-code, ladder-logic for PLC, manual, conversational, canned cycles, macro programming, CAM, live tooling, multi-axis, interpolated versus point-to-point control, post processors, tool length compensation, cutter radius compensation, tool wear, probing, and fixture offsets.
- Have in-depth knowledge about the manufacturing processes and safety standards.
- Evaluate existing manufacturing processes and identify areas for improvement.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment and work well under pressure.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and technical drawings.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a team environment or independently.
Education/Work Experience: Associate degree preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Indoor machine shop/office environment.
Light physical activity performing non-strenuous daily activities of a productive/technical nature. Must be able to lift 25lbs frequently. Requires minimal overnight travel by land or air.
Successful completion of a post-offer/pre-employment background check and drug screen/physical required.
Carver Pump Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Submit resumes to email@example.com.
In All Positions: Carver Pump follows the principles of Lean Manufacturing, which has transformed the company into an ever improving and exciting place to work. If you are goal oriented, desire a rewarding career and want to work for a challenging company, please forward your resume to:
Carver Pump Company
Attn: Human Resources
2415 Park Avenue
Muscatine , IA 52761
Fax: (563) 262-0501
Pre-employment/post-offer criminal background check and physical including drug screen required
Equal Opportunity Employer